Although Hoian is a small city and an ancient town, it is one of the best attractions in Vietnam. You want to visit Hoian, but it is confusing for you to look for beautiful sites or what you should do in Hoi An. The following suggestions about top things to do in Hoian will help you have a meaningful trip.
Enjoy The Local Food
Tasting all the amazing food is one of the best things to do in Hoian. Hoian cuisine is very special with specific flavors and ingredients that you can’t find in another place. There are too many unique and famous dishes in this ancient town, but you should taste must-try local food when reaching here such as Hoian Bread (Banh Mi), Cao Lau, Chicken rice, Quang noodle, White Rose cake and so on. All foods are cooked by local people. Those dishes have been published many times on social networks, tourism magazines, and tourism books, expressing the attraction and fame of Hoian cuisine. Through local food, you can feel wonderful and diversified cuisine as well as the culture of Hoian.
– Quang Noodle: This dish is a very popular dish in Hoian and Quang Nam. You can find it at stalls spreading on the streets in the beautiful town. Together with different and delicious ingredients, you will lose your heart to Quang noodles.
– Hoian Bread: It has become too famous for any tourists. Banh mi in Hoian is compared as a symphony with amazing tastes, so it consists of mysteries that make visitors expect to try when they are in Hoian Ancient Town.
– Cao Lau: In 2004, Huffington Post Magazine in America praised Cao Lau in Hoian as the best treasure of Vietnamese cuisine. To be honest, it is also the foremost traditional food and its cooking process is very unique. Thus, you should put this one on your list of must-try foods right now!
– Chicken Rice: Before leaving Hoian, you should taste the simple and well-known chicken rice dish in Hoian. It’s simple with ingredients that are easy to buy; however, through the skillful process, this can make you unforgettable and want to bring this taste back home.
– White Rose Cake: It is easy to know the shape of this fantastic cake through its name. Moreover, its appearance is gentle like white roses; and its flavor is charming like roses’ fragrance. It’s so catchy, isn’t it? Why don’t you try it on your trip to Hoian?
Exploring the landscapes in the countryside
With the tourism development, traditional craft villages in Hoian have been developed and preserved to welcome Vietnamese as well as foreign visitors. Prominent traditional villages that you should visit are Kim Bong Carpentry Village, Thanh Ha Pottery Village, Tra Que Vegetable Village, Cam Thanh Water Coconut Village. These 4 Hoian Villages in the countryside have welcomed thousands of tourists every month because of their captivation.
What to expect in these 4 villages
– Thanh Ha Pottery Village: Located 2km west of Hoian, you will enjoy green space and peaceful scenery in the countryside. Besides, you can view newly-created products exposed under the sunlight around the village. That’s amazing! Come here to widen your vision of the traditional pottery making in Hoian.
– Tra Que Vegetable Village: It takes about 2km North-East from Hoian Ancient Town to reach this village. Here, you will see the best growing process which is right for “green-clean-beautiful” standards. So far, the famous vegetable village has had over 20 types of vegetables for eating and vegetable for spices. Don’t hesitate! It’s time for you to try!
– Kim Bong Carpentry Village: Located in Cam Kinh commune, it has a long history of 600 years. Particularly, houses and pagodas in Hoian were designed by carpenters in Kim Bong. Tourists can admire or buy small, colorful, and unique things made by skillful artisans, too. This spot has many things to enjoy, furthermore it will bring a wonderful time for you.
– Cam Thanh Water Coconut Village: To get there, you must transfer 5km east from Hoian. Surrounded by the vast and green palm forests, it will be impressive on you fastly. It is worth spending your time to discover the fascinating landscapes and experience the bamboo basket boat in this great place.
It is so interesting to explore the countryside by motorbike because you can see the scenery of fields as well as the daily life of local people. You will know how to make rice and flour which we often use to make special rice noodles. Furthermore, you can see how to plant vegetables and the daily activities of farmers. With the help of local people and our lady riders, you will have a wonderful Hoian countryside tour with other expect-able activities.
Walking around to discover Hoian Ancient Town
The Ancient Town is a major area in Hoian, so if you come there, you should spend a day exploring it. You can see many old houses, pagodas, and bridges with different destinations. The outstanding architectures are a great combination between Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese. For centuries, they have owned uncommon features creating the ancient and perfect beauty for Hoian. While visiting historical sites and special places here, you want to know more about history and culture in a real way of this town? If yes, you can enjoy our Hoian Historical Tour with lady bikers.
More than that, Hoian at night is really fantastic and wonderful with colorful lanterns throughout the ancient town. You can also see that people put wishing lanterns on the Thu Bon river, creating poetic scenery at night. In fact, the Hoian market at night is also very amazing. Too many things for you to view and capture. If you want to go sightseeing at Hoian at night with local people and enjoy food together, check out Hoian By Night Tour. And there are other exciting activities on this tour for you to experience.
In addition, local people sell a lot of handmade products which we can buy to give your friends or family as souvenirs. Stores of handicrafts in old houses are attractive to many tourists, making them have to stop and drop in. It is convenient that the locals here can use basic English skills to communicate with visitors, also.
Taking part in cooking class
As you know, Hoian is so famous for its cuisine. A large number of visitors have tried Hoian local food and praised profusely for its perfection and quintessence. If you want to bring Vietnamese cuisine’s taste back to your home, it will be really ideal to join in our Hoian Cooking Class Tour with local bikers.
Joining our cooking class is the perfect way to learn more about how to cook Vietnamese food and it is a unique mixture of ingredients. Especially, you have an opportunity to go to the market for buying materials for cooking. Furthermore, you will discover and understand the culture in Vietnam. You will spend half-day cooking some special dishes in Hoian. Also, it is interesting that best cookers, who are local people will give you an instruction thoroughly and help you create some popular dishes. You will have a chance to show and improve your culinary skills with your friends or family when you attend the cooking class in the countryside of Hoian.
This is one of the best things to do in Hoian that a lot of travelers join in and have a great time as well as remarkable moments with the locals and I Love Vietnam Tour in general.
Visiting My Son Temple
My Son Sanctuary belongs to Duy Phu commune, Quang Nam, about 70km far away from Danang. The temple lies in a valley with a diameter of 2km and is surrounded by mountain hills. It is the only spot of Champa art having continuous development from the 7th century to the 13th century. In the 700s, King Sambhuvarman built it with firm materials so it has existed today. My Son Sanctuary is the main temple center of Hinduism in Southeast Asia. According to history, this was a place for the Champa royal dynasty to hold sacrifices and was the royal tombs of the ancient Champa imperial family. Through the destruction of war and time, My Son remains at present while it used to be magnificent and superb temples. Additionally, this place is a cluster of abandoned and partially ruined Hindu temples. The temples are dedicated to the worship of the god Shiva, known under various local names, the most important of which is “Bhadresvara”.
Discovering Marble Mountains
Marble Mountains are a major tourist attraction in Danang and are alongside the Danang-Hoian roads, 8km southeast of the central area of Da Nang. This famous destination owns the convergent beauty of sky and beach, charming mountains and water with profound historical, cultural, spiritual values. They consist of 5 mountains with many mysterious caves, Buddha statues, and beautiful pagodas. Marble mountains are a common name of an attraction including 6 limestone mountains with an area of 2 square kilometers. They are Kim Son, Moc Son, Thuy Son, Hoa Son, and Tho Son, named after natural elements like metal, wood, water, fire, and earth. Additionally, every mountain has specific beauty in shape, location, rocks’ material, caves, and pagodas inside.
After climbing hundreds of stairs to view caves and pagodas, tourists just keep walking some meters to admire white and smooth sands, blue and pure water, gentle waves of Nonnuoc beaches.
In short, we hope you enjoy all of these places and have a nice time in Hoian. Especially, if you want to discover Hoian totally and become like a local, you shouldn’t skip the motorbike tours with female riders of I Love Hoian Tour. There are various interesting tours waiting for you. Please contact I Love Asia Tour in Vietnam to know more information about tours and services as well.
You Might Also Like