The Floating Village and Sunset Cruise Tour
Join Siem Reaper on the day in the lush Tonle Sap lake and catch a glimpse of this fascinating way of life for many locals in Cambodia. This is a unique experience offering a great outdoor adventure into Siem Reap countryside by exploring a floating village and enjoying a sunset cruise along the river. Tonle Sap is the perfect place to catch a breath of fresh air and enjoy the picturesque countryside.
This tour will take you on the charming backroads in order to explore the local ways of life in Siem Reap. You will be greeted by friendly locals and get a deeper understanding of their lives and traditions. The journey will end at the Tonle Sap lake, where you will experience the livelihoods of Cambodian people living in the floating villages, offering you the opportunity to see how families adapt their life to living on the water.
See more Siem Reap Tours
Picking up our clients at the hotel & talking about the program of your tour. Then, we will have a transfer to take you to Siem Reaper’s office, where you will meet your guide. Here, you will be given a safety briefing, tour itinerary and be fitted with a mountain bike and helmet.
Duration: about 5 hours
Cost: 75 USD/ person
Transfer : Tuk Tuk lead by women
Magnificent views of Tonle Sap Lake and floating village
Discover the mighty off the beaten path in Siem Reap countryside
Includes lunch with a local family, plus private vehicle support
Siem Reap Floating Village and Sunset Cruise Tour Program
9:30AM - 7:00PM: The duration of Floating Village and Sunset Cruise Tour by bike and boat.
- Cycling around local farms and villages: the tour will begin by cycling down interesting dirt roads through Siem Reap’s countryside. Along the way, your guide will lead you to local farms, and various village activities where you will learn about the everyday lives of the Cambodian villagers.
- Taste local flavours: You will get to taste all sorts of local flavours for lunch and enjoy fresh coconuts and hammocks – this is what the village is all about.
- Kompong Phluk: we will walk around the area to explore the housing. The houses are built on stilts, adapted to withstand flooding, experienced during the rainy season.
- Boat trip and life on water: after exploring the village, we will take a boat and further discover the village life from the water, such as schools, market, pagoda.. etc.
- Sunset on the lake: at the end of the day, we will catch the sunset on the lake with some snacks and cold beverages. You will return back to the city by a private vehicle in the late evening.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, etc) should be sent before your departure date.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, and operating conditions.
- Cancellation 48 hours or more before tour start time: Full refund.
- Cancellation between 24 and 48 hours before tour start time: 50% refund.
- Cancellation 24 hours or less before tour start time: No refund.