Hoi An Historical Tour - Hoi An Old Town with Local Food
Hoian is an ancient city considered to be one of the beauties of Vietnam. Located about 30km south of Danang on the bank of Thu Bon river in Quang Nam province, Hoian’s ancient town used to be a major trading port in South-East Asia. Because of this, the architecture in this town shows influences from the Chinese, Japanese and French.
Hoian was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. In the city, you can see Japanese bridges, Chinese temples, pagodas, wooden shop-houses, and old canals. With so many different well-maintained ancient buildings and temples, Hoian brings tourists back the old days in Vietnam. Visiting here, you can explore ancient Vietnamese culture and customs from long ago.
When you join our Hoian Historical Tour, our lady bikers will take you on scooters to some amazing historical sites in Hoian. Just get on the bike and our safe drivers will do the rest! Observe the beautiful surroundings and imagine what life was like in this historic city.
Duration: about 6 hours
Transportation: Motorbike (Sit on the back of the local female rides - Max 1 pax sit on the back of 1 guide) or Private Car if requested.
Tour type: Private half-day tour
On this half-day tour, we’ll show you the historical highlights of Hoian. Don’t forget to pick up presents for family and friends at the local market! After exploring Hoian we’ll take you on an adventure in a traditional bamboo boat to Cam Thanh Village where we’ll try some traditional food. Finally, we’ll drop you off at your hotel where you can have a well deserved nap or join us for another food filled tour in the evening!
Experience Vietnam’s famous coffee culture
Learn about the history of Hoian
Travel by bamboo boat to Cam Thanh Village for some local food
What To Expect & Itinerary
Hoi An Historical Tour will bring you to all of the must-see sites in Hoi An by motorbike. By taking a motorbike with one of our safe and experienced drivers, you will be able to visit many hard to reach and less well-known places while saving time and supporting Vietnamese women.
- Phuc Kien Assembly Hall: this Assembly Hall in Hoian has unique architecture and historical significance.
- Chinese traditional ancestor houses: we will visit one of Hoian’s many ancient houses. At this location, we will explain how the architecture in these traditional houses reflect elements of feng shui and ancient customs.
- The Japanese bridge: This is the most famous bridge in Hoian Ancient Town. Built by Japanese entrepreneurs in the 17th century, this famous bridge connects two main streets of Hoian.
- Hoi An local market: Experience the daily life of locals by visiting an ancient market. This kind of market has existed in Vietnam for a long time.
- Cam Thanh Village by bamboo boat: Cam Thanh Village is located 5km from Hoian Ancient Town and has an enormous water coconut palm forest.
- Enjoy 3 different Hoi An dishes: Chicken Rice, Quang Noodle and Savory Pancake.
If you want to make any changes in the itinerary, please consider our Hoi An Private Customized Tour. Base on the real condition in Hanoi and our experience as we are locals, we will help you have the best tour and fit your interest.
Pick up our amazing guests from their hotel and introduce the tour’s itinerary.
To wake you up we’ll have some Hoi An coffee at a local coffee shop that supports the deaf community. Every city in Vietnam has a different kind of coffees and we love to share our coffee culture with visitors!
Our visit to Hoian Ancient Town will include: Phuc Kien assembly hall, Chinese traditional ancestor houses, Japanese bridge, Hoi An old houses, Hoi An local market.
Travel to Cam Thanh Village by traditional coconut boat.
After all that history, you’re sure to be hungry! For lunch, we will try three amazing local dishes: Chicken Rice, Quang Noodle, Savory Pancake
Finish the tour and drop our wonderful guests at the hotel and say ” see you again”.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, etc) should be sent before your departure date.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, and operating conditions.
The Hoi An Historical Tour will include food, drink, tour guides and I Love Hoi an tshirt. The exclusion is the personal spending and tips
- Cancellation 24 hours or more before tour start time: Full refund.
- Cancellation between 12 and 24 hours before tour start time: 50% refund.
- Cancellation 12 hours or less before tour start time: No refund.