Hanoi West Lake Tour
Hanoi is famous for its many lakes, on this tour we will show you around the largest, the West Lake. So join us to see amazing lakeside views and learn about local life around the lake. Traveling throughout Southeast Asia? Check out all six of our locations at I Love Asia Tour, operating in Laos and Vietnam.
Duration: about 3,5 hours
Transportation: Motorbike (Sit on the back of the local female rides - Max 1 pax sit on the back of 1 guide) or Private Car if requested.
Tour type: Private half-day tour, food included
Hanoi is known as “the city of lakes” for its many beautiful and peaceful lakes. The largest of these lakes is the West Lake with a circumference of 18 km. The shore of this lake is lined with many local favorite sites such as unique coffee shops and religious monuments. We’ll take you around for an exciting afternoon ending with a peaceful sunset on the lake. So join us on our route around the entire West Lake!
Discover the best destinations surrounding the West Lake
Learn about Buddhism and visit a local pagoda
Enjoy healthy local food
What To Expect & Itinerary
On our Hanoi West Lake Sightseeing Tour, we’ll take you to the following locations:
- Tran Quoc Pagoda: originally constructed in the sixth century, this religious site is known as the most ancient pagoda in Hanoi. With a history of over 1450 years, the pagoda is considered a cultural symbol of Vietnamese Buddhism.
- Quang Ba flower village: one of the first traditional flower areas in Hanoi full of bright colors for amazing photos. This village has many beautiful types of flowers such as daisies, dahlias, roses, and sunflowers.
- Tay Ho Temple: a place worshiping one of four Vietnamese immortal saints – Lieu Hanh the holy mother. She used to live in this area and promoted development in ancient Hanoi.
- Ceramic Mosaic Mural Road: we’ll drive on this road surrounded by huge ceramic dragons, lotus ponds and Chu Van An high school (one of the oldest institutions for secondary education in Southeast Asia).
- Local Vietnamese Food: you’re sure to be hungry after all that activity so we’ll take you to a local restaurant for some delicious food.
If you want to skip or replace any places above with new ones, please consider our Hanoi Customized Tour. Base on the real condition in Hanoi and our experience as we are locals, we will help you have the best tour and fit your interest.
Pick you up at your hotel and take you to Tran Quoc Pagoda
Pass by a part of Hanoi’s ceramic road recognized as the world’s largest ceramic mosaic mural on the way to Tay Ho Temple and Quang Ba Flower Village.
Take a rest while drinking fresh coconut and eating ice cream beside the lake
Take photos in front of two huge ceramic dragons - the symbol of ancient Hanoi
Ride through Chu Van An high school
Finish our tour with dinner at the Loving Hut restaurant then drop our guests off at their hotels
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, etc) should be sent before your departure date.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, and operating conditions.
Our Hanoi West Lake Tour will include food, drink, tour guides and I Love Hanoi tshirt. The exclusion is the personal spending and tips
- Cancellation 24 hours or more before tour start time: Full refund.
- Cancellation between 12 and 24 hours before tour start time: 50% refund.
- Cancellation 12 hours or less before tour start time: No refund.