In Danang, one of the best places to discover Vietnam culture is Linh Ung Pagoda. This Pagoda is listed in Danang must-see destinations, so paying a visit to Linh Ung Pagoda should be on your top of priorities. Keep reading to know more about its location and what to do there.
LOCATION AND HOW TO GET TO LINH UNG PAGODA
Linh Ung Pagoda is located on Son Tra peninsula, 10 km northeast of Danang city.
Because this pagoda is located on a peninsula, so there is no bus stop or train station nearby. You can go there by car, motorbike, taxi, and bike.
• If you want to ride your bike from Hoi An, so go to the traffic light near An Bang beach first, then turn left, keep riding about 20 km along the beach to see My Khe beach, then follow the way described above.
• By car: If you catch a car or a taxi, that will be easy. It’s about 200000-300000 VND from Danang Airport to Linh Ung pagoda.
• By motorbike: Going to Linh Ung pagoda by motorbike is the best way to enjoy the scenic, just go to My Khe Beach on Vo Nguyen Giap street first, then turn left, go straight along the beach and turn right to the mountain side , then keep walking about 1.5 km further, finally you can see the entrance to the pagoda.
WHAT TO SEE AND TRAVEL TIPS WHILE VISITING LINH UNG PAGODA
Linh Ung literally means ‘wishes answered miraculously’. In the courtyard, there are 18 Arhat statues representing different emotions such as love, hate, happiness, and anger. This is also a venue for local craftsmen to show off their talents in carving marble statues. These statues contribute to the architectural uniqueness of Linh Ung Pagoda.
Especially, in Linh Ung pagoda, there’s a Lady Buddha statue which is considered as the tallest one in Vietnam. Linh Ung pagoda was built in a contemporary style combined with the inherent tradition of pagodas in Vietnam, with a curved roof in dragon shape, the solid pillars surrounded by sophisticated sinuous dragons. The pagoda has become a place of worship, living, studying of monks and nuns, Buddhists as well as a sightseeing place of visitors, an attractive spiritual tourist destination of Danang city where meeting the heaven and earth’s sacred air and people’s heart.
The atmosphere is peaceful. Travelers when coming here will feel relaxed after hard- working day because they come here to pray for love, health, and success for their family and enjoy a beautiful landscape mountain and sea which is romantic. At night, the statue is illuminated. Moreover, Linh Ung boldly marks the development of Vietnam Buddhism in the XXI century as well as humanity and gods gathering place.
1. There are many steps to the gate, so if you don’t walk a lot, it is better that you ask the driver to stop at the hilltop parking.
2. It is quite hot in the midday, take the umbrella and water.
3. You should the shoes off at the door of the main temple.
4. You can visit it at night when it is cooler and the incredible view of all the lights of the city.
In short, Linh Ung Pagoda is definitely an attractive destination for tourists. And it will be sure to bring you memorable experiences with I LOVE ASIA TOUR because we will give you the best service on your Danang trip. Let’s come with us! Welcome you!