Hanoi Buddhism Tour
The Hanoi Buddhism Tour is a unique educational tour for visitors interested in learning about religion in Southeast Asia. Come and join us at I Love Asia Tour to learn about local Buddhist practices!
Traveling throughout Southeast Asia? Check out all six of our locations at I Love Asia Tour, operating in Laos and Vietnam.
This is a half-day morning tour that starts at 9AM and finishes at 2PM including local Buddhist vegan food.
Note: This tour requires at least 2 guests.
On our Hanoi Buddhism Tour, we will visit a local Buddhist Pagoda to learn about the tenets of Buddhism. Buddhism is one of the biggest religions in Vietnam influencing many aspects of Vietnamese culture. On this tour, we will visit Buddhist religious sites to learn about the peaceful religion and try traditional Buddhist practices. Additionally, we will teach you about the history of Buddhism in Vietnam. Many devout Buddhists in Vietnam adopt a vegan diet so we will finish the tour with a delicious Buddhist vegan meal!
Visit the Bo De Pagoda to learn about Buddhism in Hanoi Vietnam.
Enjoy authentic Buddhist vegan food.
Learn about Hanoi’s Buddhist history from a motorbike with a local guide
What To Expect & Itinerary
During this half-day tour we will visit the following locations:
- Long Bien Bridge: the first steel bridge built across the Red River. This bridge is historic for connecting the Long Bien and Hoan Kiem Districts in Hanoi.
- Bo De Pagoda: at this location, we will learn the tenets of Buddhism. The pagoda is a ‘peaceful place’ for the salvation of lives in the human world. We will listen to the legends of Buddhism and learn about the meanings of the different statues. Then we will have some virtual lessons taught by monks and nuns on meditation and how to walk in mindfulness.
- Local Food: we’ll have an authentic vegan meal so you can see how local Buddhists monks eat!
If you want to make any changes in the itinerary, please consider our Hanoi Customized Tour. Base on the real condition in Hanoi and our experience as we are locals, we will help you have the best tour and fit your interest.
We’ll pick you up at your hotel and start the tour by sightseeing at the Long Bien Bridge
Visit the Bo De Pagoda to learn about Buddhism
Enjoy a delicious “authentic” vegan lunch prepared at the pagoda
Visit a local market to purchase supplies for the children taken care of at the pagoda
Return to the pagoda to distribute the supplies and help the children practice English
Finish the tour and return to the hotel
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, etc) should be sent before your departure date.
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, and operating conditions.
Our Hanoi Buddhism Tour will include food, drink, tour guides and I Love Hanoi tshirt. The exclusion is the personal spending and tips
- Cancellation 24 hours or more before tour start time: Full refund.
- Cancellation between 12 and 24 hours before tour start time: 50% refund.
- Cancellation 12 hours or less before tour start time: No refund.