You want to travel to Laos but you do not know how to have a wonderful trip in Laos. Let’s follow this blog because I will show you the beauty of Laos which is one of the prettiest countries in Southeast Asia without coastline with spectacular limestone mountains that offer you amazing opportunities to visit special waterfalls. So, let’s start to discover the best places to visit in Laos!
Being the charming capital of Laos, it can help you to get a closer insight into nature and there are a lot of adventure activities such as mountain climbing and tubing. Especially, The blue lagoon, Tham Phu Kham (cave of golden crabs) and the Silver Lake are must-visit. And you will be impressed by sprawling local markets and temples like Wat Si Saket which is the oldest of its kind in Vientiane.
- Patuxay State: It is situated in the centre of Vientiane which gives you the chance to be on the top and have an amazing view of the whole city. You just need to pay 3000 kips per person and the time to visit is from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Wat Si Saket: It is located on Lan Xang Road, northwest of Haw Phra Kaew. Entrance to the temple costs 5000 kips per person. If you’re visiting the temple in the early morning, you’ll come across many locals praying, making merit and offering foods on the monks.
- Xieng Khuan: It is an open-air sculpture park with giant sculptures of Budha and Hindu deities. The statues are impressive in size as they are in detail. It is in Deua, Thanon Tha, Vientiane and opens from 8 am to 5 pm. And it just takes only 5000 kips per person to travel here.
If you are looking for the serene heart of Laos, travelling to Luang Prabang may be the best choice because it is a town that lies on the mighty Mekong and Khan rivers. It is known for its gorgeous little European style cafes which are located along the scenic river banks and is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. And night markets are also popular and a great place to enjoy sticky rice under the stunning stars.
- Kuang Si Waterfall has stunning natural beauty. You can hike to the top, swim in the turquoise pools or simply browse the Kuang Si Waterfall market. It is about 30 km from the centre of Luang Prabang and you need to pay 20000 kips per person.
- Xieng Thong temple is one of the most important temples in Luang Prabang with Laos unique agriculture art. It is at the end of Sakkarin street It opens from 8 am to 5 pm and takes 5000 kips per person.
- Chomsy Hill: you can climb the mountain in the late afternoon and get an amazing view of Luang Prabang.
RECOMMENDED TOUR IN LUANG PRABANG
There are a variety of amazing tours with local female guides when you come to I Love Asia Tour company in Luang Prabang. The best-sellers are Sunrise tour, Luang Prabang’s village tour, Kuang Si Waterfall tour, Luang Prabang city tour. And you can have an opportunity to enjoy the local life, local food and get on our lady biker’s motorbikes.
It sits between Vientiane and Luang Prabang and it is one of the main backpacker locations in Laos. Besides, it had a rather wild reputation and a surprisingly vibrant nightlife scene. One of the interesting things you should on in Vang Vieng is to enjoy the tubing down the Nam Song River and you can take in the lush jungle scenery here at the same time.
- Outside activities: bungee dance, kayak, trekking or tubing. These games are played along NamSongRiver
- Tham Jang Caves: It takes 2 km from the town, so visitors can travel here by bicycle or tuk-tuk ( about 20000 kips). With 10000 kips (entrance fee), they can enjoy nice stalactites and mysteries in the cave.
- The town in Van Vieng: It is located along the Nam Song River. If you have a chance to take a rest there, you can experience local life in homestay service.
It is known for its beautiful scenic views. It takes a couple of hours to drive from Luang Prabang to this tiny town. Aerial adventures, boating, kayaking, mountain hike, and natural parks will be unforgettable experiences in tranquil town. It is an attractive destination in Luang Prabang province. Nong Khiaw is a rustic village, so visitors can not expect luxurious accommodation and can experience local life with fresh food. Furthermore, travellers can explore the Pha Tok caves that are located about a mile from town.
- Phatok cave: the cave system will give visitors a strong impression because of the perfect majesty.
- Pha Thams caves: are about 1 mile from the centre of the city. It is in Nong Khiaw village and the special thing here is that it has a lot of ruins caused by Dong Duong War.
SI PHAN DON ISLAND
Laos is known for not having a coastline, so it may sound strange to hear that it is the home of the Si Phan Don which means “ Four Thousands Islands” in Laos. It is touristy with foreign visitors everywhere and tour companies, hotels, restaurants, etc. Moreover, you can have a little more nightlife and a wider range of accommodation options.
- Khon Sa Soi Falls: the prettiest waterfall on the Si Phan Don Island. it is more than worth braving the bridge and the hike to check out this amazing cataract with a plunge pool at the base.
- Go swimming in the Mekong River: the main guest houses have small jetties located in front of them which offer you the chance to go swimming and the waters are clear so you can check out a range of marine life.
In conclusion, Visiting Laos will be the most perfect choice for you. All the above recommendations are the best places to visit in Laos that we’ve suggested for you. Take it into your consideration, and make the best choice suitable for your schedule, budget, and interests.